Skip to content

How do I use my Sidecar Health VISA benefit card to pay a provider?

You can use your Sidecar Health VISA benefit card to pay your provider up to your card transaction limit (which you can look up in your policy).

If you have an Access Plan and use your Sidecar Health VISA benefit card to pay a provider at the point-of-service after you have satisfied any applicable deductible, 20% of the cost of the transaction will be charged to your designated payment method as your “Estimated Expense.” The remaining 80% is paid by the Access Plan as your “Estimated Benefit.”

If you have an ACA Plan and use your Sidecar Health VISA benefit card to pay a provider at the point-of-service after you have satisfied any applicable deductible, 100% of the cost of the transaction is paid by the ACA Plan as your “Estimated Benefit.”

The Estimated Benefit is a temporary advance of the benefits you may be eligible to receive from your plan. You must submit an itemized medical bill to Sidecar Health so we can adjudicate your claim and determine the actual Benefit Amount(s) for the service(s) received.  If the Benefit Amount is greater than the Estimated Benefit, we will credit you the difference.  If the Benefit Amount is less than the Estimated Benefit, you are responsible for reimbursing us the difference.

Contact Us

Sidecar Health members rave about our Member Care team, available 7 days a week.

Call

Call

Speak with our Member Care team

(877) 653-6440

Chat

Chat

Chat live with a representative
chat with us now

Email

Email

Reach us any time

membercare@sidecarhealth.com